Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Well, that could be very powerful. And there’s this similar thing that I am dealing with in my own life, where I am wanting to be around people who I identify with. I think that’s really important for me because I’ve never really felt like I was allowed to choose who I spent time with. So for me to hang out with tough girls, you know, who are like reading the same books I do and are into the same bands and stuff, is really really powerful. And I think that goes with the idea that having fun and feeling included, for certain people, are really political, and that to say "politics aren’t separate from humor" is really important, because usually the whole idea is that you can either have the one or the other, but not both. - Kathleen Hanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment